Scar tissue on my fingertip

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by skygzr, Jan 7, 2016.

1. skygzr

skygzr

Feb 23, 2015
    Southeast US
    Howdy friends -

About three months ago I sliced off the tip of my left index finger while slicing potatoes. It wasn't a deep cut; mostly the skin layers and some stuff underneath. No muscle or nerve damage. I didn't finish making the pot of soup, either.

I took me and my finger to the ER because it was bleeding quite a bit. Even if I had the piece (which I didn't), there wasn't enough to stitch back on. Since then my flat-tipped finger has mostly grown back. If you were to look at it you'd never know. BUT the tip is still very sensitive. It's OK for most stuff but I can't put pressure on it. I play bass more on the pads of my fingers than the tips, but I sure would like for it to feel like the other ones. I also play guitar, and those skinny little pieces of wire are out of the question. Ouch.

So I have a couple of questions: 1) has anyone had an injury like this? Is there more normalizing over time or is this it? 2) I keep imaging something like a little hard cap to go over my fingertip. Maybe its slightly sticky to hold it on. It would need to be thin, strong, and easy to apply and remove.

I bet I've sliced thousands of potatoes, but that day, they won. Peace, y'all.

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I had a similar injury about ten years ago, it took several years to get over the sensitivity. My thumb. which was cut deeper, still isn't back to normal; or maybe this strange feeling in my thumb is the new normal.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022