Scarlet 2i2

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by ZAR14, Mar 30, 2020.

1. ZAR14

ZAR14

May 15, 2016
    Cleveland,OH
    I recently purchased a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 gen 3 Audio Interface. It comes with available download software, Ableton Live Light and Protools+.
    Ableton downloaded without issues but I seem to be having a problem with downloading Protools+.
    Protools download pauses and I get an error message that says the Download path is too long. I've attempted several times with no luck. I went to the Avid website and tried to get support from them but their website says that they are having issues with tech support due to Covid-19.
    My question...Has anyone using the Scarlet 2i2 gen 3 ever experience something like I described and if so were you able to remedy it?
    Thanks

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    I haven't downloaded protools, but If you are on a PC try picking a shorter download path, or look up "Enable Win32 long paths"

3. ZAR14

ZAR14

May 15, 2016
    Cleveland,OH
    Thanks...
    I kind of did an End Around and went to Avid and selected the latest version of Pro Tools first and downloaded it.
    It took some time but eventually downloaded completely...

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021