1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schecter input jack issue.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Dirt Rich, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Dirt Rich

Dirt Rich

Sep 6, 2010
    I just picked up a Schecter Stiletto Elite 5 from Craigslist today, and unfortunately, I didn't plug it in first. I got it home, and it seems the input jack only works if I don't plug the cable in all the way. Would have been awesome if the seller informed me of the problem, as I'm sure he was aware of it, but I should have tested it out. Anyway, now I'm stuck with a bad input jack I guess. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Dirt Rich

Dirt Rich

Sep 6, 2010
    This is ridiculous lol, I just tried a different cable and it works perfectly. Odd, because I use the first cable I tried with every other instrument I know, and have never had a problem with it.

3. mech

mech Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    Doesn't surprise me. At one time there was one standard for "phone" jacks but with all the overseas sources, not anymore. I've seen some terrible fit probs between male and female.

mech