Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

schecter model T rod deleo model

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 3.14, Jun 21, 2005.

1. 3.14

Mar 20, 2005
    outside the ATL
    i found one of these in my local pawn shop. looks almost untouched. they are asking 350 for it so i was wondering what the going rate for a used schecter rob deleo 4 string would be. and i know they are discontinued so that will make it a little harded to determine but just shoot me some prices that i should try and get the pawn guy down to. thanks.

oh and if it matters its the old gold coloured one with the p+j emg's.

word.
    pye

2. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    hmmm
    Does the import model have EMGs? Seems like an average price, maybe a little high but for some reason I thought only the USA models had EMGs.

3. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'd try to talk them down to $275.00 or $300.00 max. I've seen brand new 5 strings go for $250.00 on ebay. I bought one for $225.00 on ebay.
    -Bazz-

4. 3.14

Mar 20, 2005
    outside the ATL
    it says schecter USA on the back where the battery is. i am not sure how to tell the difference. (it dosnt say a country on the headstock like a fender). and the pick-ups said emg on them. hope that helps. shoot me some prices to throw at the pawn guy.

word.
    pye

5. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX

6. 3.14

Mar 20, 2005
    outside the ATL
    i cant find anywhere that says if there was a mia version of this model or if they were all made in asia. and i attempted to email them but their email sever is down.

i know there are occational finds down in central Ga, where i am, because nobody here uses the internet so they dont know what things are worth. ex. i saw multiple mim's basses cost more then squires because the squires were shinnier and newer. there was a mia tele that was going for like 450.

on that note, i saw a fender musicman/jazzman/something man in the pawn shop and had never heard of a ___man fender. (i am new to the scene as you can tell). if these are good i might consider this as well.

word.
    pye

7. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX

THere are MIA versions of it....they come out of the California Schecter custom shop and would be quite expensive. Say maybe $1600.00.

8. If it's not from the custom shop it was made in Korea. If it says Diamond Series it's made in Korea. They are all set up in the USA and have a sticker that says Schecter USA on back plate. It's still a good bass try to get them below $300.

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like a good price go for it. :bassist: