1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

schertler STAT + SRM 450?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by frbass, Feb 2, 2004.

1. frbass

frbass

Apr 27, 2003
    Vienna,Austria
    i'am thinking of buying a new Amplifier - I'am using a schertler STAT with the stat pre and a Fishman platinum (to get a little more tonal flexibility) - what do you think of using a mackie SRM 450 or the PUB 2/280 or the AI Contra? - i would use them as stand alone systems (small gigs) or monitor if there is a PA System.

2. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    DFW Area, Tejas
    I've been using the Stat for the past few months with the Pub with fantastic results. I didn't originally like the Stat that much, but with the Pub it is very natural. I use it on the rare occasion that I do a gig with no PA and I can't use my mic....well, I could use my mic, but trying to provide phantom power for it and bringing a mixer or preamp for tone controls is just too much work.

I don't really care for the Mackie's with double bass. I haven't tried it with the Stat, but before I bought my Pub, I tried them out with my Dyn B and was less than impressed. Seemed colored, and frequency response was not as good, besides being much bigger than the Pub.