Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

schertler STAT + SRM 450?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by frbass, Feb 2, 2004.

1. frbass

frbass

Apr 27, 2003
    Vienna,Austria
    i'am thinking of buying a new Amplifier - I'am using a schertler STAT with the stat pre and a Fishman platinum (to get a little more tonal flexibility) - what do you think of using a mackie SRM 450 or the PUB 2/280 or the AI Contra? - i would use them as stand alone systems (small gigs) or monitor if there is a PA System.

2. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    I've been using the Stat for the past few months with the Pub with fantastic results. I didn't originally like the Stat that much, but with the Pub it is very natural. I use it on the rare occasion that I do a gig with no PA and I can't use my mic....well, I could use my mic, but trying to provide phantom power for it and bringing a mixer or preamp for tone controls is just too much work.

I don't really care for the Mackie's with double bass. I haven't tried it with the Stat, but before I bought my Pub, I tried them out with my Dyn B and was less than impressed. Seemed colored, and frequency response was not as good, besides being much bigger than the Pub.