1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Scheter Studio 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Anyone out there own one? I have played one twice in the last week, and I am really impressed. It has a very modern sound, pretty wide spacing, and excellent build quality considering it is a $700 bass. I would think it would be great for Fred Hammond style Urban Gospel, especially for slap in that context. I also think that one could channel a Jimmy Haslip sort of vibe with it if one is so inclined. I am just very impressed with this bass.

2. allbasses

allbasses

Jun 18, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I liked it to. I get you on the good modern sound.
    Round, full and warm without being too much of anything.
    Only problem, it was at GC, so the set up wasn't too great. But, that was mainly on the C string.
    And the strings were a lot lighter then what I would use[and I don't use too thick of strings.] So the C string was too light for a "bass-taste".

3. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The two I played were at GC too, but thye were new and had not gotten the GC treatment yet.:bag:

4. allbasses

allbasses

Jun 18, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Haha, you keep dodging it then!

5. Flintc

Flintc

Aug 15, 2006
    Alabama
    I also played one at GC, and I was very favorably impressed with the feel and sound. The $700 price is very irritating. At half that price, I'd walk out with it in a heartbeat. At double that price, I wouldn't give it serious consideration. But $700 is almost in reach, but not quite. My solution is, don't look at it anymore.

6. ddwilkins

ddwilkins

Dec 21, 2006
    Wilson, NC
    I have the Elite 5, get the studio. If you don't like the EMG sound, switch to barts. That's what I did. Schecters sound better with Barts to me.

7. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I feel you.:oops:

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021