1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schiller DB

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by dkolars, Jul 18, 2012.

1. dkolars

dkolars

Jul 18, 2012
    Greetings... a buddy gave me a bass to repair, cat knocked it over and snapped the head off! :crying: But, a nice clean break, will be a fairly easy repair. :) He also wants me to sell it for him... The label says:

K(?) Schiller
    Student
    Ser. No. M71130

Another label says "Made in Romania".

Maple ply, seems very solid, nice detail to the edges, finished in an orangish-cast maple color, nicely done.

Cruising the web, find VERY little info on Schiller basses... a couple of posts on this site, and that's about it!! The main "Schiller" is German, mostly brass, some pianos...

So, assuming that these are not made anymore? Any idea as to value?

Since I've not repaired it yet, have no idea of the sound or playability... I'll know that in a few days!!

Thanks in advance for any info you might have! DK

2. Matt R.

Matt R.

Jul 18, 2007
    Huntsville AL
    Pix

3. The Irreleveant Whale

The Irreleveant Whale

Jul 19, 2015
    I have a Schiller myself. I looked online for info too. When I couldn`t find it, I made my wife look for it. To no avail. But I did find these threads!

I tell you one thing thing though, for a bass I picked up for $600 cash, it has a great tone, easy on my arthitic hands too. I guess that`s what I get for playing too much two hand tag when I was younger.

I dare to say it sou ds better than the old Kay I played in high school.

Some one on here said they went for $2,200 MSRP. But I dunno about that.