1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

School help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by etechstan, Mar 16, 2009.

1. I'm doing a research paper for a probabilities and statistic class and need to do a survey. How many TB'ers dropped out of college only to return and finish years later? Include your ages when you left and returned in your response You will be rewarded for your answer with a good feeling for helping out a fellow musician.;) Thanks for any help:hyper:

2. I dropped out at 18 and I am returning in the fall at 21. Hopefully I finish this time.

lowsound

3. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    went 3 years, after 80k in loans and not learning a damn thing, I got a job, self trained for certs for more money and security.
    I guess I'll go back sooner or later, but I hate it so much.

4. Hi,

I dropped out at 20, returned at 22, graduated with a BA. Now I am married to a woman with a Ph.D. Not bad, eh?

edg

5. Howdy. I started college when I was 20, two years after graduation from high school and was in my last year of a three year course. Due to some marital problems, I had to drop the course. It took me 10 years to get back on my feet so at the ripe old age of 32, I went back to a different college for the same course.

I graduated three years later at the top of my class. 800 students started the course and after 3 years, 12 of us graduated. The course was Electronics Engineering Technology just in case that might be important.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA

7. skin?

j/k, i see what ya did there.

8. Where did you get your degree? I'm in the BAS program at ECPI and it's tough!

9. I received my degree from Niagara College of Applied Arts and Technology which is in Welland, Ontario, Canada. It was a very difficult course with at least 4 hours of homework every single night including weekends. It was all math, all the time.

10. Come on guys, the gui****s were more helpful than this.

11. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I'm 23 and about to drop -kicked off most likely-.We'll see if I can help you in a few years.:atoz:

12. No gap in between for me.

Straight from high school to university, gaining a BSc (hons) in Biochemistry, now doing an MSc.

13. Going good so far, in my first year of Mechanical Engineering without a gap whatsoever.

14. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Mohawk and Moosers,you're both boring nerds.:p

And I used to be a fun jackass.Now,I'm a boring human wreck.:atoz:
    :p

15. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    same here, no gap. After this semester, im going straight to university. mech eng, same as muusers.

16. Nerd? Yes, but plenty of hot freshmen as you guys would put it :p

17. Who says I'm boring?:meh:

18. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    You do:

See?First year,mechanical engineering and going good?Plain boring.

;)

19. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    No gap here, when I'm done with my BS in Electrical Engineering, I plan on going to get a Ph.D. (atleast a masters atleast) in EE or Material Sciences and Engineering.

20. WHughes

WHughes

Nov 25, 2008
    Washington State
    Dropped out of college four times. Then got involved in the pipe trades and it just made sense. So that makes me a pipefitter/welder.
    Plus, you can only sacrifice your family and money to follow your dreams for so long before you have to take a different path. I tool a break from music for several years, got my family and career together and now I could care less if the major labels come calling. I'm just having a good time.