Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schroeder Cabinets, Pt. II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Guiseppe, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    Kind of a pain navigating between threads, but I suppose if the thread is still there, this will work. So...all you new 410L owners...what do you think? I expect I should be hearing from Jorg in the next couple of days that my newest addiction is on its way!

Have any of you A/B'd the L and the regular model 410? What do you think (aside from weight) is the most obvious difference tone-wise?

2. DAcat

DAcat

Jun 14, 2005
    Iowa
    If this is going to be the new Schroeder Thread :bag: to discuss all Schroeder products and not just the Neos,lets start logging on and exchange ideas. I too am very eager for some head to head comparisons of the original and Neo Schro 410 cabs. I have a Schro 410 "original" and though I love it, I wouldn't mind getting a lighter cab if it sounded as good as the original. I "only" have an 800 watt head, so it wouldn't bother me if I could get a Neo cab that only handled 1200W instead of the 1400W that my current cab handles-that weighs 10 or so pounds less than my "original"...IMHO its the sound...the tone...the penetration...whether you can hear yourself or not...and what your rig sounds like in a live situation that counts:D ...Peace...DAcat:cool:

3. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    I love my Schroeder 1212, even if I haven't gigged with it yet!!! :mad:

I would like to A/B it with a 1210, see if that would give me a little less bottom and more mid punch. Not that I'm anything but thrilled with this cab, but it does have a bit more booty than I really need. This could all change in a live situation though, which hopefully soon I'll get to find out.