Schroeder Cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by LowNote, Aug 22, 2004.

1. LowNote

LowNote Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I play mostly upright jazz around Los Angeles but also have a three-horn band that calls for me to play bass guitar as well. I've been happy with either my first generation Contra or the combination of a Woods Ultra or Clarus with an Acme B-1 for upright but wasn't happy with the cabinets I was using with bass guitar. A very lengthy thread appeared in the bass guitar section on a new line of bass cabinets by Jorg Schroeder that was very interesting, and yesterday I bought one of the cabinets after having had a chance to play two of them at his house here in L.A. The cabinets sound incredible on upright as well as bass guitar, and you may want to check out the review I wrote in the other forum.

The 1210 cabinet I bought is going to be my standard upright cabinet going forward, particularly for jobs where more volume is required.

Erik Lars Hansen
    Los Angeles
  2. LowNote

LowNote Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Check out my additional reviews of the Schroeder cab in the Bass Guitar forum. All of the reviews revolve around its use with upright.

Erik Hansen
  3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Link? :)

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada

These cabs look great. If I was playing a lot of high volume situations, I might just consider one. I still think the VL108/VL208's are the best sounding Double Bass cabinets though
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    here is the mega thread from the BG section

I dig mine!!! (I've got a 1210 but am ordering a 1212 as a spare / alternate after reading the reviews. I'll have my upright shortly... though I won't need to amplify it for QUITE some time ;) )

to top it off Jorg is one of the greatest guys I've delt with!