Score one for me!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joey3313, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Not so much me, but my province:

To sum it up: Our provincial gvn't made a surplus of a few billion (7-10),they're just handing out checks to EVERYONE. I'm (and anyone on here from Alberta) is getting a check for $400!

Not a lot to most people, but for me, this is For once, I won't be broke as hell, I can afford to fill my car, and maybe even get an oil change! (oh, and alcohol, but that's to be expected).

(if this thread starts to blow, just turn this into a "What would you do with $400 right now" type thing).
  2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    On a related note, our government has a deficit of a few billion and will be requiring all of us to send them a check for $400 :( ;)

I need to move to Canada...
  3. jade

Mar 8, 2002
    I'm an albertan! How do i get a piece of the check? :p
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    They did something like that here in the USA not too long ago. It was some kind of tax break for people with kids. We got something like $600 in the mail. The people with no kids, and the gay people thought it was a dumb idea. I guess I would have thought it was a dumb idea if the tax break was for childless couples.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    So if my brother Bob and I show up at a government office with a half consumed case of Elsinore beer, will I get a check also. :D

6. If I had $400, I'd get 4 $100 hookers. Or, 100 $4 hookers.

- Dave
  7. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    And out of a hundred $4 hookers, you're bound to find at least one who doesn't look like your uncle Frank after a hard bender.

Personally, I'd put the money toward my upcoming studio time.