1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Scott Haigh

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Kyle Augustine, Mar 7, 2008.

1. I'm going to be studying with him this summer and don't know much about him. What might you all know about him?

2. Sir-NOSE-alot

Sir-NOSE-alot Banned

Feb 18, 2008
    double bassist
    DITTO to what everybody else said...

3. mattgray

mattgray

Nov 16, 2007
    Cincinnati, OH
    He's actually a pretty nice guy. I managed to get a lesson from him before my Oberlin audition, and he was really helpful in my direction of my pieces. He has almost a singer's point of view in terms of melody, etc.

Make sure to ask him about Beethoven 9. It's rather enlightening.

4. dleecountdown

dleecountdown

Sep 11, 2006
    I second taking his advice on Beethoven 9. I saw his masterclass at ISB last June, I still remember a lot of his advice and implement it into the recits.

He also is a very nice guy. He also knows what he likes(orchestra, orchestra) as he told me up front at Oberlin, he is not to into solo playing. Not to say he isn't fluent in the rep or can't play it, he can.

I assume you're studying with him at Kent/Blossom. He's definitely about orchestral playing so you'll be in good hands.