1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Scumbags personified...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Perry, Apr 18, 2009.

1. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It's not really clear what they did. The article kind of reads like a transcript. So, in a nutshell, what happened?

2. "Ciavarella and Conahan are accused of taking $2.6 million in kickbacks to facilitate the development of a juvenile detention center in Pittston Township and a similar facility in Butler County."

They did this by sending kids to these facilities, even if they didn't deserve to be there. They got monetary kickbacks for every kid they sent. :mad:

3. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely!

This type of crap ain't new - these guys just got caught.

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    OIC. Yeah. That's scumbaggery at it's finest.

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Jeeze. Scumbags.

6. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Death Penalty.

7. Not sure if you're serious or not. They've sold out the bench, and on at least some level have ruined kids' lives. I agree.

8. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Do they (whoever they are) plan on rectifying that?

9. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I had heard something about that earlier. Death may be a tad harsh. Maybe they should spent a large amount of time in that facility.

10. I have no idea how the mess will ultimately be addressed. Those two judges (so far... I'm expecting there will be more) will be jailed for 87 months. I have no doubt it will be a country club jail much nicer than the juvenile facility those kids were thrown to for the purpose of lining those dirtbag's pockets.

11. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008
    Isn't this the case in Scranton,Pa. They were sending kids to juvenile facilities for really minor offenses?

The judges were getting kickbacks from these facilities for getting these kids railroaded.For dumb kid stuff like making fun of a vice principal on MySpace.That was one of the offenses if I remember correctly.

A lot of parent's waived the right to an attorney because a lot of these charges were so chicken crap or they couldn't afford one.These scum waffles were giving pretty harsh mandatory sentences to be served in these facilities.These facilities were lining these jackals pockets based on how many bodies they can send to these institutions.

I wonder how many kids lives they ruined.
    If it was my daughter I would be inclined to take the matter in my own hands.
    Scumbags !

12. It was actually in Luzerne County, which is adjacent to the south of Lackawanna County, where Scranton is located. It's the same case, however.

13. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Officials.. Abusing power!?

That's unpossible.

14. Who'da thunk it.

15. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    It must be easy to go through life without any hint of a moral conscience, that is until one get's caught by those who still do.
    I hope there is some serious prison time coming down for the accused if they are found guilty.

16. They plea bargained. They (supposedly) will be doing 87 months in prison. Nowhere near enough, in my opinion.

17. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008
    Yeah!
    Those #%&* creeps will probably get sent to some country club prison like Allenwood near Williamsport,PA.

These maggots tend to take care of their own no matter how corrupt they are.At taxpayer expense no less!

I'm pretty easy going but **** like this gets my blood boiling!

How many kids did they ruin?

How many young criminals did they help create?

How many kids are going to have psychological problems because of this?

How many kids are going to have problems with getting careers or higher education because of this BS on their records?

I'm actually a pretty turn the other cheek guy but I find myself wishing nothing but the worst for these parasites.

Young kids have it hard enough these days!

18. You and me both, man.

19. b_carville

b_carville

Jun 26, 2008