1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Searching for my old Fodera bass. One difference!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spiralstudio, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Spiralstudio

Spiralstudio

Oct 23, 2015
    Ohio
    I sold a Fodera emperor 5 string many years ago. I would like to find it if anyone has information it will be appreciated. Also my old Jazz bass.

It is a natural finish and has ONLY the B string running thru the body. I believe I changed the HazLab for a Mike Pope at the time.

Also, a Fender jazz bass solid black with no pickguard or holes for one. It had a Zebra wood fretless neck with an ebony board, shaller tuners and the Fender jazz logo on the custom neck. Again thanks for any info!

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    “Natural finish” doesn’t mean much and won’t help people locate it. Do you know what kind of wood the top was made of? Coloration or distinguishing marks? Was there an accent veneer below the top? Etc. etc.

Also, are you sure about the neck on the Fender being zebrawood? I’ve never seen a zebrawood neck on any bass.

3. Spiralstudio

Spiralstudio

Oct 23, 2015
    Ohio
    Thanks Bryan for the reply. I don't remember the wood on the Fodera but, I'll bet its the only one with ONLY the B string thru body. Kinda hoping that locates it for me. I wish I remembered more about it.

Also the Fender Jazz was customized and the Luthier made the neck from Zebra wood with a thick Ebony fretboard.

4. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Pictures would really help your cause....any chance you have any?

Good luck in your search.