1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seattle Area GTG part II - AUGUST 7, 2011

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by BluesBear, Jun 8, 2011.

1. BluesBear

BluesBear

Oct 17, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    As mentioned in this thread, I have secured a venue for the "2011 Upper Seattle Area TalkBass Bass Expo".

when: Sunday August 7, 2011
    time: 1pm until ???
    where: Pacific Rim Resturaunt - Best Western, Marysville

You take I-5 to exit 199.
    At the bottom of the ramp you take a left and go underneath the freeway.
    As the road curves to the right the Best Western in on the left. Kinda hard to miss. The Rim the the big building to the left. As you pull into the front parking lot you will be able to see the stage door for load-in.

The stage in the banquet room is kinda small but there will be plenty of space in the room to show off your basses, amps and gear.

There will be a PA and backline onstage (yes including drum kit) if folks want to jam. The guys in my band will also be there if anyone wants to jam some blues or classic rock.

Feel free to bring your family, friends and other musicians.

The Rim has good food and reasonable drink prices.
    Since it is a banquet room in a resturaunt all ages are welcome. But NO alcohol to anyone under 21!There will be a bartender there but I'm not sure about waitress service. If I get enough RSVPs I'll get them to supply a waitress.

The room will seat a couple of hundred people so let's make this the biggest TB-GTG yet.

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    In.

3. BluesBear

BluesBear

Oct 17, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Wow,

Less than five minutes for the first reply!
    Thanks Ray.

I'm looking forward to finally meeting some TalkBass folks. :hyper:

4. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    I missed the last one. I'll be there if at all possible. I'll bring my 12/6 & 12/sub.

5. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    I'll be there!..........This time as my band personna and I'll have a bunch of Thunderbirds and maybe something special from Mike Lull :)

6. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    I'll be there if there's any way possible, and I'll bring along whatever basses I have completed at the time

right now that's looking like at least one M-Series 5, an M-Series 4, a VRB-PJ5, a M-Series 4 lefty, and possibly a Heritage Tribute '55 5-string ... but ya never know, I might even have a 6-string thin string or two ready to show-off as well :cool:

depending on how much CNC time I'll have the first part of Aug, I might also have several roughed bodies of various configurations and states of post-CNC detailing

all the best,

R

7. I have yet to make one of these but have wanted to. This one is much closer to home so I'm going to do my best to make it.

8. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Happy Cynic

Mar 20, 2011
    Spokane, Washington
    Endorsing Artist: Turnstyle Switch
    I'm in!

9. Bennet Pullen

Bennet Pullen

Aug 31, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I'll be there!

10. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    Sounds good.

11. It is looking like I will actually be in Seattle for that week. I will definitley do my best to be there.

12. BluesBear

BluesBear

Oct 17, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Hmmmmm...

No replies for almost five days?
    I guess I'm on more ignore lists than I realized. :smug:

13. Crap. I used to live in Arlington. Now I'm stuck in TX for work. Errrrr :(

14. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Happy Cynic

Mar 20, 2011
    Spokane, Washington
    Endorsing Artist: Turnstyle Switch
    Hah hah! I used to be stuck in Texas for work, now I'm in Arlington!

15. Balog

Balog

Mar 19, 2009
    Mukilteo, WA
    I may be able to make it.

16. Wanna trade places?..... Again!?....

I'm in Amarillo of all places. :atoz: I could stand Austin or Forth Worth area. But Amarillo! C'mon..... My wife and I both hate it here, but the money is really good, so we're toughing it out while we search for something back home. Sadly, the job market competition is too stiff there and the money isn't as good in either of our careers. Strange, I know. I miss my old spots. I used to stop at Aces three or four nights a week for a beer. My wife and I used to swing by Angel of the Winds for some Katies Kitchen for a late night snack. I'd fish the North fork of the Stilly by Deer Creek in Oso during the Salmon runs. Great... Now I'm homesick again.

17. Bump'n this to the homepage. Wish I could be there for it. Maybe next year :meh:

18. BluesBear

BluesBear

Oct 17, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Hopefully there is still interest in this.
    No one has posted for several days but I'm still hoping for a good turnout.

Perhaps a link in some sigs would help spread the word?

19. I know, kind of surprised there's no more response. I talk to a few guys on here from time to time that are in the Mount Vernon, Stanwood, Arlington area. I'll link them over here in case they just haven't caught this on the homepage yet. TTT Bump!

20. UnfortunateTony

UnfortunateTony

Jul 26, 2010
    Seattle
    I'm sure they're just so busy getting ready that they don't have time to post :p