Secular Bands?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Drewish, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Drewish

Oct 4, 2003
    United States
    Hey, does anybody know any good secular bands out there?
  2. SICKBOX...

and the word is spread.
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    You're going to have to be a bit more specific than that, hombre. ;) What genre are you looking at? Because there are a lot of great secular bands. And by a lot I mean thousands.
  4. Yea, when you mean secular bands do you mean bands that don't repersent like Christian Rock or Muslim Metal? Do you mean where all the members in the band are athiest? For example Evanescence is basically an all-christian band but they are not Christian Rock.
  5. "Thou shalt not steal Linkin park's sound, and songs too":p :D
  6. I don't really think they are stealing anything from Linkin Park. Evanescence uses a dark rock influence and more straight up metal-esque riffs. There electronics are set it a more atmospheric way appose to Linkin Park who uses a techno/rap use. Also I think Evanescence blows Linkin Park out of the water. SCREW LP!
  7. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    This is kinda off track, but some of my friends told me that Amy Lee made very clear in an interview recently that she was neither christian rock nor a Christian, and went on to make negative comments about God/Religion in general.

I agree that Evanescence is better than LP as far as the music goes as well. I don't see how they are a rip-off of LP at all?

Th first post is confusing me a bit too- what is your definition of secular Drewish? The vast majority 99.9% of badns are secular by common definition I think.
  8. their whole production- the gating of the heavy guitars,
    plus compare "bring me to life" with LP's "with you" on 2000's Hybrid theory album- that shouty "wake me up" vocal and almost the same chords in the chorus.
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    "Thou shalt not be watered down Nightwish impersonators."