1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seeking a bassist's opinion on new composition

Discussion in 'Ask Patrick Neher [Archive]' started by Fictacello, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Greetings! My name is Beth Davis, I'm a cellist and composer who used to play upright bass in college (in concert band in undergrad, then the new music ensemble in grad school). I haven't played bass since leaving school twenty-odd years ago, but I'm hoping to be playing again soon.

I'm writing to ask for feedback on a piece I've recently written for tenor voice, piano and upright bass. The bass part is intended to be played orchestral tuning with an extension/5th string as it goes down to low C at one point and I'd really rather have the deeper pitch than jump it up an octave.

The score/parts and a .mp3 of a midi rendition are available at my dropbox here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6w3h2sp49p16ipp/AADjV6Yg6HyVhs5krGEdoYLpa

Thanks for your consideration!

2. PNeher

PNeher

Mar 31, 2005
    Bellingham, WA
    Hi, Glad you shared your music. I am always open to discovering new music for bass. Your piece sounds interesting, and I suggest that you get it played by humans! Then send me a recording and the sheet music. I perhaps might consider publishing or performing it. See other bass and cello works that my publishing company produces at isgpublications.com
    Again, bravo ... keep 'em coming!
    PN