Seeking south Texas bass store

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gabehizer, Dec 8, 2021.

1. gabehizer

gabehizer

Nov 11, 2021
    I live in Mexico and plan to drive across the border to try out and buy an upright bass (probably a hybrid). Can anyone recommend a store or workshop that sells good-quality basses, new and/or used, within a couple hours drive of the border (Laredo would be ideal)? Thanks!

2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Don't know anything about shops in Laredo but if that is where you cross there are a few nice shops in San Antonio. Lark Guitars sells some very nice basses and I have had good experience there. I know that is about 2 1/2 hours further than Laredo. Good luck to you.
    If you are able to make it that far, Austin has several very well stocked shops with greater variety including Guitar Resurrection (also known as Guitar Rez online), Austin Guitar House and Austin Vintage Guitars.

3. gabehizer

gabehizer

Nov 11, 2021
    Looks like those shops specialize in guitars. I didn't see any upright basses, though.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022