1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Setting up my own warwick

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by boominbassline2, Mar 23, 2010.

1. boominbassline2

boominbassline2

Mar 21, 2010
    So i just got this new Warwick Katana 5 that is set up beautifully for standard tuning, but i play in mutliple different tunnings, sometimes going down to drop C (A C G C F) and i get serious buzz around the 8th fret when i drop the E to just a D. I know how to raise a bridge and change strings and all that good stuff but i was wondering if any of you had advice for making sure i had good and constant intonation and action with no buzz for my bass. Basically how i would perform my own setup for a Warwick Katana 5. heres a pic:

Attached Files:

• 0_1.jpg
      0_1.jpg
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
  2. You might want to explore Hipshot Xtenders for ease in alternate tunings.

As for setup, use your tuner, and get the pitches to match the note values in perfect tune with the string plucked open, and fretted at the 5th, 7th, 12th, 17th & 24th frets. You'll need a screwdriver and your allen keys to tweak the bridge saddles in order to get the action height adjusted, once you have adjusted the neck to your liking. If this seems like a bit much, try finding the many DIY setup/intonation articles to be found online at BP mag, activemusician.com, etc.

3. thetawaves

thetawaves

Dec 29, 2006
    Sorry if this isn't what OP was after; but what about intonation? Luckily I haven't had to alter that on mine yet but the 2-piece bridge doesn't make it easy - the string anchor (?) bit actually blocks access to the screws that alter saddle position.

4. boominbassline2

boominbassline2

Mar 21, 2010
    the intonation is fine on the bass currently but just for future refrence i suppose, thanks for the advice plankspanker!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020