Setup professionals in the Kansas City / Lawrence area?

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Joshua Pickenpaugh, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh

Apr 16, 2001
    ICT
    Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations for shops that offer double bass setup in the Kansas City / Lawrence KS area. I'm a jazz guy, so I'm looking for the usual "low action no buzzing" treatment (I rarely use the bow).

I used to go to Mass Street Music in Lawrence back in the day (great shop!), yet I'm told they no longer work on double basses.

Thanks everyone.

2. shadow_FIX

shadow_FIX

Feb 23, 2010
    2nd for KC Strings. I don't know if I would have taken my DB to Mass St. Music even when I lived there (great shop, though I perceive them to be more on the electric bass side of things).

Joshua Pickenpaugh likes this.
  3. Bigpig

Bigpig

Oct 9, 2015
    Bradford & Frantzke may also be worth a look. Can't speak directly to their work on string basses, but a friend spoke highly of their guitar repair shop; they have an in-house luthier, IIRC.

They're just west of the Plaza in a strip mall next to State Farm Agency - on Belleview, I believe, and do sell and service basses (and mandolins, and citerns and mandocellos and, well, pretty much everything else acoustic). I saw a lute last time I was in there . . .

Joshua Pickenpaugh likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 8, 2021