1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SGD ND3's

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jp8848, Jul 18, 2012.

1. jp8848

jp8848

Mar 15, 2012
    Hendersonville, NC
    Just got my Warmoth Gecko bass from my luthier and all I can say is WOW!!! David Schwab at SGD lutherie made these pickups for me and I am beyond words for the tone and sound they have!! This is EXACTLY what I was wanting as far as tone!! If anyone has any doubts about his pickups, come pick this monster up and play it!! You wont be disappointed!!!

Attached Files:

2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I've got a couple sets of these in my two Carvin Icon five-strings. But I'm not beyond words... :p

They are deep. They are phat. They are big. They are clean. They are smooth. They are full-range. They are balanced. They are refined. They are powerful. :cool:

The SGD ND3s produce some of the nicest modern, hi-fi soapbar tone I've ever heard. I love 'em.

MM

3. jp8848

jp8848

Mar 15, 2012
    Hendersonville, NC
    You took the word away from me!!! This thing is a beast with these pickups!! Rattled the house even on LOW volume!!

4. I agree.

When I think hi-fi, I kind of think of bland and lifeless, but not these, they have character and richness. I don't think I'll find a better pickup.

5. jp8848

jp8848

Mar 15, 2012
    Hendersonville, NC
    +1

6. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Well, you weren't using them... :smug:

"Hi-fi" gets a bum rap. It's a term that has come to mean something that it doesn't really mean. :meh:

MM

7. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    Thanks for the kind words guys! :D

8. jp8848

jp8848

Mar 15, 2012
    Hendersonville, NC
    David, all I can say is that these pickups EXCEEDED my expectations! I greatly apppreciate you building them for me and helping Larry with the wiring specs!! They are amazing!