Sharing the stage with Bon Jovi!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by LeformerKillian, Feb 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LeformerKillian

LeformerKillian

Feb 6, 2017
    I was told to share some photos and such of my gig from two days ago. All I can say is that playing in a stadium was by far the pinnacle of my playing career. It was entirely fun despite the pure fear of the whole being in the back until you're just about to go on. Just while doing the sound check and hearing my bass just envelope the entire place made me so happy. The crowd reaction was amazing and they say my ego grew more than three times its size. On top of that I got to meet the man himself. I'm sure he was being extra nice for publicity reasons but he seemed genuine and told us some cool stories like how he did the same thing we did but for zz top back in the day. Apparently he got boo'd off stage that day. Was definitely not a comforting thing to say just when you're about to go on though haha. Anyways I'm rambling. Here are some photos!

Tl;dr played a show with Bon Jovi. Was amazing.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

BurnOut, joebar, kojack and 28 others like this.
  2. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Yeowzer! Now THAT'S a gig! Pretty dang cool!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

joebar, BluesWalker and nixdad like this.
  3. Thummel

Thummel

Jun 24, 2007
    West Texas
    none
    That's badass my friend. Sweet!

nixdad likes this.
  4. WOW! Just wow. I can't imagine the feelings when you are on that stage.
    How many people were in the stadium?

nixdad likes this.
  5. HOLY COW! Whaat a night!

6. growlypants

growlypants

Nov 10, 2012
    Atlanta
    What, no food pics?? (KIDDING!!) Talk about memories - outrageously excellent!!

7. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Wow, that's amazing! I just looked up his tour and see he's getting locals to open. That's pretty cool!
    Congratulations!

8. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Mr Bovine Joni himself!

ThreeFingers likes this.
  9. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Congrats man. Great story. Thanks for sharing.

10. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Wow, very cool! Never a fan of his music, but definitely a fan of the man himself.

Is that a Fender VI I see you playing??

11. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    WOW, sometimes life is good, very good.

12. Good going man.

Though, would have been better if you had pics of you kicking him right in the jimmy.
    Even if you didn't, would you, at least, tell me you did anyway? Make an old man happy?

13. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Holy **** dude!

Gaolee likes this.
  14. RNG1

RNG1

Mar 1, 2015
    Niiiiiiiice

15. Very cool, very cool indeed must have had an incredible feeling before during and after the show, congrats on the show!!!

My band are direct support for Saxon and UFO next month not on the same level as a stadium gig but very cool sharing the stage as your teenage rock-n-roll heros!!!

16. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

That sums up my thoughts. Anything I try to add would just detract from how great this is.