1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shipping Fees!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by LowBSix, Jan 5, 2012.

1. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Wow!:eek:
    I've had a FedEx account for about 5 years and I can't believe how expensive shipping has become from California...

Bass to Washington
    Bass to France $410
    Gigbag to Florida $45

UPS is even higher!!! :eek::eek:

Wow! :cool:

organworthyplayer337 likes this.
  2. USPS parcel post and insure it

3. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    I've found their fees high and limited $ they'll insure...

4. Really? i had been getting some basses shipped for as low as 30$ there in a case

5. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Coast to coast, insured???

6. Wow. I swear that said Shipping Feces!!!!!! Time for a break...

7. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Might as well have said that... :cool:

8. I've recently shipped basses to the east coast insured for 1000 for less than 40 bucks on my FedEx account. Watch your box size. That'll jack it up like nothing else. I stopped using UPS. FedEx boxed and shipped a bass in a hardcase for me for less than $50. UPS wanted close to $150 for the exact same package and service.

Shipping gigbags is death.

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Use Fedex Ground my brutha! Especially for domestic!

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Yep! If you can fit it in one of their one fee boxes, do it! $45 to ship a gig bag? :eek:

11. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    USPS had a big rate hike yesterday. $9 for a 1lb speakon cable, $15 for a 3lb wah pedal. both from CT to Ca. 2 weeks ago a shipped a P bass from CT to Ca for $30, 14lb shipping weight.

Sent a bass plus a hardshell case UPS yesterday, to have it packed and shipped $65. It didnt even leave the state. Im tired on loosing my shirt on shipping but people look at you like your crazy when you tell them its almost $100 to pack and ship a bass across country.

Its even worse when you ship out of the country.

12. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Yeah, I think the days of "Shipping included" are coming to an end on Talkbass. I have a whole stack of pedals that I was going to sell and I'm just sitting on them because "Shipping Included" is expected. Shipping a $60 to the west coast from the east coast means I'm going to lose $15 in shipping and packaging. Might as well keep the collection. You ocasionally see people listing basses for $250 shipping included. Might as well trade it in at Guitar Center.

13. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    I've been putting "Plus Shipping and Handling Fees" on my for sale ads. I always ship insured and delivery confirmation/trackable. Sent a leather strap to Texas yesterday from CA... $8.25....USPS Last week a tuner pedal to NY...$13.50...FedEx Ground would've been $1 more...
    :rollno:

14. ninjai

ninjai

Dec 30, 2007
    Japanland
    for international. check fedex great rates. Quote for Mesa walkabout scout 12" was $180 for priority to japan. admittedly shipping prices have shot up the last 3 years.

gotta call them for a quote though

15. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    The problem with calling for a quote is it doubles when you drop it off. What do you do over charge to be safe ?

16. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    Don't ship unless it's an item that costs enough to make a bit of a loss on shipping inconsequential. Or make sure it fits in a flat rate box. For example, I'll ship internationally if they agree to the flat rate USPS international price. That's worked a couple times, other times the potential buyer balked and they usually know someone that had a pedal shipped to the moon for $8.00. Fine, but that seller took a hit on shipping.

17. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I have a bass up for sale and because I have to buy a box (local stores want me to buy them even, no longer free), by the time I'm done I'm looking at about $80 for a hardshell case.

My price includes shipping and is still fair but that means if I want to clear a certain profit I have to deny most offers that people are making.

18. LowBSix

LowBSix Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Try to sell locally at a lower price...

19. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I try that too, but the price is still good for what I'm selling.

20. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    I can do that with Fedex to anywhere in the nation...:bag: