1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shock and awe- Pedal Genie

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TerriblePeril, Feb 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TerriblePeril

TerriblePeril

Nov 26, 2014
    Got the new amp, got a pedaltrain metro on the way which has a few extra inches of space on it so I decided instead of plunking down a lump sum for a yet-to-be-chosen pedal, I'd give this pedal rental service a shot.

Built a little wish list and prioritized it as they suggested, assuming I'd get a (one of many) reverbs on the list, but hoping for a Way Huge Green Rhino. To my surprise they've already shipped a Darkglass VMT my way.

Pretty excited.

Anyone else tried this service and can offer experience stories or tales of woe?

2. Mosfed

Mosfed Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Mont Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Mixed reviews. I think most people thought it was cool but were a little disappointed that the turn around time meant that they really didn't get to try that many pedals a month.

I've never tried it so I am just going on the 10 or so threads over the last year and a half.

3. TerriblePeril

TerriblePeril

Nov 26, 2014
    Well I've opted for the cheapest subscription level because I can't create enough dedicated play time to have the pressure of shipping pedals around all the time to test them out. I have a core group of effects that do a little bit of everything moderately well. So my wish list is made of dedicated effects that do one thing exceedingly well. Getting a VMT in hand for thirty bucks is pretty neat, no matter how you slice it.