1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

shop sitcom?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dazzare, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Dazzare

Dazzare

Dec 3, 2011
    Allright guys I work in a music shop every thursday. Its a small independent shop but all the local players come to it, so there is something always going on so lets set up the usual suspects in the shop.

First there is Perry the owner (not using real names) his claim to fame is that a little british rockband named the beatles opened for him in Europe back when he was on his European tour back in the stone age. He can play a guitar very well, and he often screws up on purpose when people are listening to him play in the store. Hes a very mild mannered guy, but he is extremly whipped by his wife. Not to mention he knows a lot of people in the music industry, like the national fender rep would stop in a lot. Elvis's lead guitarist would stop in all the local big names would stop in ect.

Next we have Roger a transplant from california he has no clues what scales are but he can play every chord under the sun and he has a great ear to go with it. Hes a great story teller and its mostly about his time in california with a 6 peice band opening for famous people also back in the stone age.Hes a very fatherly type of guy bassically the shop manager.

Then we have our shop luther/teacher/salesmen/everything basically, Bob great guy hes not from the stone age hes around 30 years old. Fantastic player like stevie ray vai good. He teaches the advanced students and hes phenomenal at it. The only problem though is that he has a huge problem with stage fright and cant play in front of groups of people. Hes a real comedian though.

Next we have me lets just call me Dazzare Im the shop teacher, to guitar/bass students. The only problem is that Im a 100% bass player and the only reason I play guitar is to compose for a full band. SO Im constantly teaching myself techniques for guitar so I can teach students real

2. Dazzare

Dazzare

Dec 3, 2011
    damn phone running out of text space any where I left off,

Its a real challenge sometimes and Im the only active player in the shop so they are always asking me questions and they are assumining I gig on guitar and really I play bass very well people are always comparing me to thier favorites ect. but its awesome I apolgize for the grammar and wall of text im posting on the phone

3. BelleNoireBass

BelleNoireBass

Apr 18, 2012
    Bay Area
    Call up Tru TV.

4. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    I'm confused...

5. ma4rk

ma4rk

Jun 28, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Does an Alien drop by... this is a remake of the first season of Mork & Mindy right?

6. We're not NBC. If you're seriously interested then write a script...

Don't forget to include the crazy neighbour... Every sitcom loves a crazy neighbour.

7. Dazzare

Dazzare

Dec 3, 2011
    I wouldnt have to write up a script 0.o thats the strange part it would happen naturaly beleive it or not and our neighbors are a new york style bistro and a tatoo shop

8. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    James Burton?