Shopping in London and Florence

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Duder, May 24, 2016.

1. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    We're meeting up with my sister in London for a couple days before the group of us (7 adults and 2 toddlers :help:) head to Rome/Florence for a week. I really only have a day and a half in London, the same in Rome, and then a full week in Florence. This is my fourth time traveling to London and my second in Italy, but I never had a chance to check out any music stores. Are there any cool shops I should really check out in any of these cities for gear? If it makes a difference, we're staying in Thorpe county Surrey and Strada in Chianti. I'm not sure Mrs. Duder will let me buy anything, but I'd love to have a look around :bassist:.

2. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    Anyone? Bueller?

3. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    IIWY I'd pose this question in both the basses and amps forum under the guise of "I'm going bass (amp) shopping in London and Florence..." for greater visibility. I only hit the Misc. section if I see a new post (which is how I found this thread).

Raz

Duder likes this.
  4. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    Thanks!

5. Razman

Razman Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Oh, and have a safe & great trip!

Duder likes this.
  6. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    Thanks, we can't wait to be back there!

7. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    In general the U.S. has the best prices and the best selection.

Going to see just how good we have it tends to be what happens. Your mileage may veary

8. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    I'm hoping to see something off the wall that we don't have here. An old effect pedal or maybe a discontinued bass/guitar.

9. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    Good luck. I sold a Schaller fuzz I got in the Waterloo plien.

That was decade s of looking around. You might get lucky

Duder likes this.