Should I be thinking this???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trevorus, Apr 7, 2004.

So which will it be?

Poll closed Apr 21, 2004.
  1. Keep the Fender

18 vote(s)
  2. Get a Stingray

7 vote(s)
  3. Get a Euro Spector!

11 vote(s)
  4. Get something else (Tell me....)

2 vote(s)
  5. Just trade it in for some carrots!

6 vote(s)
  1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have a MIA Fender Deluxe Jazz. I am thinking of trading it for something else, like a stingray, or maybe a euro spector. But I told myself a while back that I wouldn't get rid of it. And I can't afford just buying another bass. WHAT TO DO????? :bawl: :help:
  2. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    What kinda shape is it in? How old, color, etc... I mean, if you're thinking this way,, you don't LOVE the bass... Maybe you're just getting gas...
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    All your choices lead to the question: Why not a G&L?

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Easy enough.....Does the Fender do what you want it to? If it plays well and sounds good don't sell it. If you aren't getting the tone and you want a different feel move on. Try out as many basses as you can until you find what you want, or realize that you might just have what you want already!
  5. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    What's your rush????
    Hold on to the jazz and save some bucks..... don't be hasty.

I often have the same problem with my Thumb..... it's the best Thumb I've ever heard, played etc. Many times I've been close but if I'll miss her then it's a bad decision.

Keep your promise to yourself and your bass will become more valuable to you.
  6. unless it's a vintage fender, or has some sort of sentimental value.. Sting Ray!!! :bassist:

7. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
  8. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, I was thinking of keeping it. But the problem is, the wife has always been against gear purchases. She always finds something else we need to buy. I have sold gear only to have the money get dwindled away on crap around the house, or other junk like that. I guess I'll just have to work some overtime and start sticking it away. I really want something new in the bass though. Like a new preamp. The Suhr preamp at 9 vlots just doesn't kick hard enough. Maybe it's my amp. I have a GK, and it is super clean sounding. Maybe I need something with a little more warmth. I dunno. I am just looking to do something new.
  9. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Is she pressuring you to sell it?
  10. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    No, she just doesn't support me buying new gear. I have got a guitar amp to pay off too.
  11. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Couldn't have said it better
  12. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yea, plus if your wife tends to dig into your cash, post sale... you might wanna seriously think about holding on to it...

I know how easily wives can engineer things they "dont support" out of your life... It happened to me.
  13. Get a Euro Spector! work here is done...... :cool:
  14. Maybe put some new pickups in it like some Fender Custom Shop 60's.
  15. zcwilkes

zcwilkes Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Barboursville, WV
    Don't get rid of it unless you're sure you won't miss it. I still regret trading my Alembic and its been over five years.
  16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay

A used G&L! ;)

17. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Plus infinity! :D
  18. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  19. I'll say this, I've thought of selling my Mexi Jazz Bass. I even put ads up and got responses from people who ended up losing touch with me. I'm happy I never sold it. Keep the Fender.