1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should I go with Roland Cube 100 for Bass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by theohutchinson, Mar 22, 2009.

1. theohutchinson

theohutchinson

Mar 21, 2009
    Okay, so I'm buying this old G&L Bass from a friend of mine, and this would be my first bass. I've played guitar for 4 years now but I guess it's time for a change, as I've lost almost all of my interest in guitar and I'm driven more and more into playing bass.

The problem is that I need an amplifier for the bass and I was wondering if The Cube 100 Bass was worth the money or should I go with something else instead in that price range.
    My only demand is that it's got headphone plug in and it'd preferably be in the 400-600€ price range.

2. Flintlock

Flintlock

Jul 3, 2007
    Southampton
    What are your needs? Regular gigging? Acoustic jamming? Death metal? Any preference on tone? Prepared to lift a big heavy amp for a more cones?

I've used the Roland cube and it's a great little amp for practicing, but probably not going to be able to handle a big heavy handed drummer.

3. theohutchinson

theohutchinson

Mar 21, 2009
    Basically rather clean bass tone for practice and maybe for a little jamming too.
    Something that has the most bang for the buck, is sturdy and the electronics won't fail me after two weeks.

4. if you are shopping with a $400-600 range you can easily find a decent combo amp . Roland is a great company but not really known for their bass Amps. shop around

5. tthor

tthor

May 11, 2005
    Lynchburg, VA
    I love my Roland Cube 100. I've had it for 3 years and used it quite a bit on small gigs, with P.A. support, but mostly for practice. Very solid, very dependable.

6. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Cube 100s rock!!

7. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I've played more gigs with my Roland Cube 100 in the past year than I have with my MarkBass Little Mark and SWR cab. Small, portable, enough power. I can sound choked when you push, but it's a compressed sound that on it's own I'm not crazy about. But, in a band setting, it works just fine. I bought it to use for practice only and have been very impressed with its ability to be used for small gigs.