1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Should I make this trade

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MOEBASSPLAYER, Jan 4, 2012.

1. I am looking for input from the fine bass community.

I have 2 opportunities, and I am not sure which one to pursue.

I can either trade a Peavey T20 bass for an Acoustic B100 combo amp, or purchase it for $135?

If any of you have used these items before, which do you think is the better deal?

Thanks for the input.

2. 1954bassman

1954bassman

Jun 7, 2004
    Hickory, NC
    I am not a collector, but if your T20 is an old Peavey bass, it would probably fetch more than $135 - but you might have trouble finding a buyer.

My style would lean towards buying the amp outright, if you like it. I have never played through one.

But, ask my wife, I always 'lean' towards buying gear and keeping what I already have. :bassist:

3. N.F.A.

N.F.A.

Jun 25, 2009
    In a blue funk
    Keep the bass.

4. lowsideonacurve

lowsideonacurve

Feb 24, 2011
    I'm with 1954Bassman, keep the bass and buy the amp out right.
    You can't have too many Basses,plus the Acoustic B100 is a nice combo for $135.00

5. DBCrocky

DBCrocky

Oct 18, 2011
    Cary, NC
    The OP is kinda unclear.

Is he aquiring a Peavy Bass for either an Acoustic Amp or $135?

or

Is he aquiring an Acoustic Amp for either a Peavey Bass or $135?

Edit:
    It doesn't matter. The Amp or the Bass for $135 is a good deal, if in good shape. Spend the money, keep everything.

6. I think I need to clear something up, I am the one with the T20, and I will be either trading it or dishing out $135 for the amp. In my mind it made sense.

Thanks

7. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    If the Peavey is in good condition, it's worth $175-$200. If you want the amp, buy it outright and sell the Peavey on ebay.

8. The Peavey is worth $75 to $100 more than the amp. If it were me I would buy the amp outright. That said, it is not a particularly bad trade if you don't have the money for the amp and/or you never play the T-20. There are many collectors who are saying that old Peaveys are going up in value. I don't know if that is really true, but I do know that most sellers I know are having a hard time unloading any equipment right now. If you intend to sell off the T-20 you might do just as well to make the trade.

9. Peaveys are going up in value (15-20% per year)- watch eBay. Many are getting into collecting them

My fenders and warwicks are slow moving-have a waiting list for USA peavey

You bass us worth more