1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should I sell my bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tom once dead, Mar 22, 2009.

1. I might have the oportunity to sell me dean soon. But I'm not 100% on it yet. I Hate the sound of it, and the quality, and I never play it. But I have grown attached to it (and it just looks so good). I really like the idea of getting a new bass.

help me decide! put some sense into me, shoud I sell this bass?:help:

2. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    I think you know perfectly well what you should do. As a matter of fact, I am not even going to answer your question ;)

3. aww, come on... I saw the GAS levels on this bass are through the roof (for me) i showed my drumer it yesterday, and fell in love (with the look) again.

4. Budha bass

Budha bass

Feb 19, 2009
    Paris / France
    your question is IMHO the question a lot of peoples on here has in mind, isn't it ?

5. Fine... Ill sell it then. Now the fun begins. What should I BUY?

6. boabski2k

boabski2k

Dec 24, 2008
    Scotland
    Sell it.

Get something you will use, rather than just think looks cool.

ps. dont run while you have that strapped on, same rule as scissors.

7. haha, I learned that at a gig, If i run with it the lead comes loose and cuts out...

suprisingly i run into more thing with my esp than the dean. i never slammed the headstock into a door with the $600 dean, but I did with the $2000 esp. *cries*

also really likeing the Jackson CMG Concert, I might ask the local store to try and get one in...

8. I guess I'm the only one who disagrees. My first bass was a piece of junk. Horrible sound, horrible quality. But it was my first bass and I regret selling it everytime I think about. I know if I still had it, it would never get played but as you said I was "attached to it."

So I guess if the Dean was your first bass or if you are really attached to it then I say keep it. If not sell it.

9. Dont sell it man.
    I was hell bent on selling it to fund my Lakland but im glad i didnt. Its a good reminder of where you first started out

10. I've now sold my 1st 3 basses. All were to fund their replacements. I don't regret any of them. It's a tool. It's just an inanimate object. It's not gonna be sad that you sold it, nor should you be. The bassist is more important than the bass.

11. its not my first bass. although I did sell my first one already. really, the only thing that makes me want to keep it is the look.

also now im seriously gassing for a Jackson CMG Concert, in trans red.

12. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Keep it; don't sell.

13. do you have any reasons.

14. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Other than reasons of regret and kicking yourself in the ass later. I see & hear a LOT of regrets of folks selling basses here on TB.

Now, if the bass is crap, sounds/plays terrible, send it away.

15. it plays ok, but it sounds like a$$, and there are frets not glued in properly, the input jack is stuffed. And I never use it.

16. Hopefully someone will buy as bad as you make it sound.

17. jerseyrichSnr

jerseyrichSnr

Sep 1, 2006
    NC
    Now you make the instrument sound very attractive... :eyebrow:

Should sell quickly, knowing that.

Also, there may be a sizable market out there for players who are tired of correctly glued in frets.

18. haha.
    well I will tell The possible buyer all that stuff before he buys it. it sounds bad to me, its really bassy with no definition. Thats bassically the opposite to what I like.

and this is also why I am selling the bass for almost half what its worth.

19. how about some pics┬┐?there isn't really a bass without pics!

about the sound, what amp do u use? i have (still) my first bass, a Peavey C4.it sounded crap through a Torque combo with the help of my playing ( crap also ).through my Ashdown it sounds great ( with the help of my fingers also, just a bit better than back then )!

20. oh, by the way, about ur question... i do love my peavey, the look, feel, everything but still want to sell it. i do own a Bongo that fills my need and i would love to get my hands on some jazz bass and mod it ( i so love to change parts in a bass , although my basses are all stock, except for the peavey, Gotoh tuners ).

i don't play it at all and it must go... maybe there is out there a guy that needs a bass ( for starting...etc, that doesn't own one yet ...) and urs would be great for him...

u should let it go! IMHO