1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Should I?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spector_Ray, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Since Guitar Center's having a great promotion right now(no payments or interest till '08), I've been eyeing a GK700RBII. I'm playing through an old Crate BT-350 that's seen better days. I'll have no problem paying the amp off in a few months but with Christmas around the corner, I'm feeling a bit selfish at the thought of buying myself a present.

As far as gifts go, the kids are taken care of and so's the wife. Should I or shouldn't I?:confused:

2. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Keep in mind that if you don't pay it off by 2008, interest accrues from day one, with interest rates as high as 12-14%!!! Even if you only owe $2, you will pay on the full purchase price.

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I'll have the full balance paid off in a couple of months, so it that won't be an issue.

4. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    Are you gigging with any regularity? If yes, go for it, its a good investment in your tone and you won't regret it. It will sound worlds better than your current amp. If not, you could probably hold off for a while and likely don't need all that power. Let us know how you decide.

5. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Not regularly at the moment, but when I do, I play with my brother who owns a 50 watt Soldano head. That thing is brutal and I have to slave my rig. I need that extra headroom or my tone sucks eggs.

6. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Banned

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    Go for it. What the hell , you only live once. If you know you can afford it, why not?

7. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    It all comes down to living within your means. You do not need a new amp, but you want one and there's nothing wrong with that. Consider how much money you make compared to what you are buying. Also consider this....however much you think you'll spend infull on this gear, Musicians friend WILL profit. So, is there a cheaper way to get the gear you want? What about saving up for the purchase? what about saving up half of the purchase? What about getting the loan at a cheaper intrest rate? Do you know what the intrest rate is? if not then you shouldn't finance it. What about a personal loan through your bank for a lesser amount and buying used? The fact that you asked an internet forum makes me think you're unsure.....if you are unsure, don't do it until you are. Deals come and go, and so does money