1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Show me some Warmoth 8 stringers

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ForestThump, Apr 5, 2009.

1. ForestThump

ForestThump

Jun 15, 2005
    Paris
    I'm thinking of putting one of these together and would like to see some others for inspiration.
    Photos and advice welcome.

2. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    As soon as I figure out what happened to all my files on imageshack (is there some kind of expiration date for photos hosted there?) I'll put up a pic of mine...it's not entirely accurate to call it a Warmoth though, because, while it started life as a Warmoth fretless 5-string, the new 8-string fretted neck was built by Michael Dolan, so the only thing Warmoth-y about it is the body. Oh, plus I bought the Schaller bridge from Warmoth, so I guess it counts.

Pics to follow.

3. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray

Feb 20, 2009
    Canada
    Hi Sorry I don't have picks. I built a Warmoth Eight string ...alder P/J with a vintage nitro blonde finish. It sounded great but I have to tell you those Warmoth eight string necks are huge. Boatneck contour with slab fingerboard...makes it uncomfortable to play, and they are heavy with their steel reinforcement...major overkill. I sold it. I want to build another eight string but I will look for another neck option. Hope this helps.

4. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    Dolan-Warmoth1.