Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Shure KSM-44, KSM-32, KSM-27 mics

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by mponthier, Dec 8, 2003.

1. I wondering if anyone has tried using any of the above mics in both recording and live situations.

2. Adrian Cho

Adrian Cho Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    I haven't tried any of those but I looked at them when I bought my Audio-Technica AT/4047SV. It's a wonderful mic for both recording and live but in reality it's hard to deal with on stage (feedback and bleed). I'm now using the AMT bass-mounted mic for live use.

3. Hi, I use a ksm 32 in my home studio and it records very naturally. I use two to record my bass. However we tried to use the ksm 32 in a live situation. It would be ok if you needed no monitor whatsoever. If you are happy with just hearing your acoustic sound on stage then the mic will probably not feedback in the house speakers (amplification purposes, not monitor purpose). The same went for our vocals. It would feedback if we wanted monitor. When we just used our acoustic sound as monitor it was an awesome sound in the house speakers.
    Maybe that can help,
    thanks,
    vince j.