Shure PMS 300 & Vocals

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by pshep68, Feb 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pshep68

pshep68

Sep 21, 2006
    I just purchased a set of Shure PMS 300 IEMs. I've only used them once at practice and it is fine as far as getting a good mix of the instruments. My only problem is my vocal. My vocal sounded really flat and over powering when I sang... not nice at all actually. I didn't know how loud to sing. I sing a lot of high harmonies. Any suggestions?...

2. Could be audio occlusion.

"The occlusion effect is not a new phenomenon and has been described here before. Still, it is a serious and continuing problem for some hearing aid users and thus is the kind of topic that merits some repetition now and then. It relates to the complaint that some hearing aid users make, newer ones in particular, of their own voice sounding a bit "funny" when they talk. Sometimes people feel like they're talking in a barrel, that what they're hearing is echoes of their own voice, or that their voice sounds "hollow" or "booming". Whatever adjectives people use to describe their perceptions of their own voice while talking, it is almost invariably negative. They just don't like the way their own voice sounds."

RERC on Hearing Enhancement - Dr. Ross Says...

It could also be how the signal from the mixer to you is set. You should run it pre-fader so you get the benefit of the processing of the mike channel.

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    sounds like you just had your voice too high in your mix.

turn your vocal down until you still hear it comfortably and clearly, but aren't like "scared" of your mic.

Red Planet, pshep68 and s0c9 like this.
  4. pshep68

pshep68

Sep 21, 2006
    It worked. Thanks

Red Planet likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 16, 2021