1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Signal interference w/ BR1200

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by markbigtree, Apr 26, 2010.

1. markbigtree

markbigtree

Mar 19, 2010
    Salem, OR
    I get signal interference (buzzing) when I record into my BR1200 with any sort of effect pedal plugged in. Would a noise suppressor take care of this, or shielding my instruments?

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    What kind of effects...I would expect noise with compressors, overdrives and distortions but not with things like chorus, flanger, reverb.

Does the noise go away when you turn down the volume on your bass?

Does changing cables help?

Does the noise go away if you use the 1200's onboard effects rather than outboard pedals?

3. markbigtree

markbigtree

Mar 19, 2010
    Salem, OR
    I don't get any buzz if I use the on-board effects, any effect pedal (guitar or bass) will buzz especially when I take my fingers off the strings. I have changed cables to no avail. I imagine the hard drive has something to do with it, I've had pedals in another room and still does it. It's not a huge problem, just annoying. Thx

4. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    sounds like a ground issue as when you touch your strings,
    you are the ground.

are the effects pedals powered or battery.
    try using battery instead of power/wall warts on the effects if so.

also try having everything that is plugged in on the same outlet so everything is going to same ground.