1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Silde & Glissando

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by str8_bourbon, May 25, 2005.

  1. What's the difference? Can someone help me out?
  2. Silde??? :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:
  3. Adam Barkley

    Adam Barkley Mayday!

    Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Yeah, because it's funny to make fun of people that don't use English as a first language. :rolleyes:

    To the original poster. Here is what I found.

    Definition of the Term Glissando

    Example of the Sound

    Sounds like a ten dollar word for the sound of a slide. :D
  4. Lighten up will ya??!! :rollno: :rollno:

    It's supposed to be us Brits who are losing our sense of humour. ;) ;)
  5. oh yeah, sorry, i meant "sLIde". I was under the impression that a slide and glissando were different, I was hoping that someone could explain the difference?
  6. i guess a slide is a type of glissando that only applys to stringed instruments?
  7. Adam Barkley

    Adam Barkley Mayday!

    Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Like I said, I think glissando is just the italian term for "slide". Most musical terms are italian.
  8. The two terms mean pretty much the same thing on a fretted bass. A slide is just a slide from one note to another. It's also called a portamento. On a fretless instrument it comes out smooth. When you break it up into a series of notes, it becomes a glissando. Frets break it up for you, so there's no real difference on a fretted instrument.
  9. 43apples

    43apples Guest

    Nov 9, 2003
  10. I think i got it, thanks guys.
  11. Bassist4Life


    Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
  12. Joe Beets

    Joe Beets Guest

    Nov 21, 2004
    Glissando, PISSando. Just put on a good set of Flatwounds and have fun. Next I suppose you will want to know how to notate an APPOGGITURA. ;)

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.