Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sims 2...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Steph Dawe, Oct 9, 2004.

1. ... is the best game ever made.

Discuss.

Oh yeah. :D

2. hey steph.

ive yet to play it.. if you could send us a quick review of the game coz I was thinking about picking this up for my sister since she was a fanatic of the first one.

cheers!

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh so you DO get to shoot stuff in this one?

brad cook

4. I'm yet to play it, sadly. Too many games I want to get...new MK, Star Wars Battlefront, Shellshock: Nam 67, and this.

5. Brat

Brat

Jun 4, 2004
    NW Indiana.
    Agree.

It's almost scary how much you can do in that game! And if you have it, download stuff from www.thesims2.com and it will be even scarier. I feel like God.

6. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Can you be a bass player?

7. My mam and sister went halves on it, and I've barely been able to get near the computer since. So I hate this game, without even having played it. :p

8. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    +1
    My 2 sisters play this game all the time after school and on days off like today. Rooms are dirty, dirty plates & cups everywhere, shower time lagging a little bit....but the sims are clean :mad: I tell them they're the most important sim and they're like "Meh" with flies hovering around they're head.

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Some girl on the "Sims Online" community started up her own brothel...

Bet you can't do that in Sims 2.

Nah, didn't think so.

10. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I dont understand how this is the best selling game franchise.:confused: and I have never bought it, nor do I know of anyone that has bought it.

11. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    "-Mortal Kombat is a very good game, but I think that Donkey Kong is the best game ever.

-Donkey Kong sucks!

-Oh yeah, well you suck!"

12. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    It's a games targeted at people who aren't gamers (like the majority of girls :meh: ).

13. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    My wife loves it too. I don't see what is so great about it though.

14. False consensus. AW is right. Most of the people I know who play it have previously never been gamers. It appeals to the reality tv crowd more than gamers, IMHO.

Leigh

15. i never really played the first one but my frient said the new one is pretty amazing, and she was hooked on the first back in the day.

16. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Doom 2 - all else is just fluff :D

17. Against Will

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    GTA: San Andreas.

I'm holding my breath.

18. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I guess Sim 2 is just a game for people that dont like games where you kill and blow stuff up. Or just a non-violent game that parents can buy their children so they dont think their child is going to grow up wanting to shoot up schools and become some sort of terrorist.

19. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    doom 3 :bassist:

20. +1

I like the occasional shoot-em-up, like GoldenEye, but sometimes it just gets a bit too much.