1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Single pick-up question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by silent89, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Ok, so basically I've fallen in love with the Ibanez Artcore AGB140. Its got a great body, it looks awsome but, BUT I'm concerned over its single ACHB 1 Neck Pick up.

Im not the brightest with bass hardware, so I just want to know: is this pick up quality? does it have a significant disadvantage over guitars with 2 pickups instead?

2. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    AZ, USA
    Does it sound good? Has it failed you? I don't think Ibanez is known for being crappy, just not everyone's cup of tea. I wouldn't have any concerns at all. JMO.

3. Thanks for the quick responce. I havnt actually gotten the bass yet or able to locate somewhere I can try one out, so Im trying to get advice here about it. Thanks again :)

4. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    AZ, USA
    You like what you like. If it sounds good and plays good, it is good. The only advantage of dual pickup designs is versatility. If they're single coils, you can also cancel the hum. BTW, you should try before you buy. That bass is semi-hollow, so I would expect it to sound accordingly. The MM type humbucker is an interesting twist.

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Check my post in the "basses" section.

6. StringsOf4

StringsOf4

Dec 16, 2005
    Great bass but it would be 10 and a half times better if there were another pup at the bridge. It lacks some edge but i know thats not what a hollowbody is for, other than that, i think its pretty good.