Singlecut or Doublecut Design...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lokire, Mar 7, 2006.

1. #1 - Doublecut

78 vote(s)
  2. #2 - Singlecut

41 vote(s)
  1. Just getting some general opinions here - Which of these two designs do you like better?:

2. MrWalker

MrWalker Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2002
    The single-cut, I think :)

But both are nice.
  3. double-cut, both are great, but theres something about single-cuts that look awkward to me
  4. What happened to the hollowbody dealio?
    BTW, #1 is also nice.:)
  5. middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    I like the single-cut best. But loose the 'knob parade'! :)
  6. I quite like the knob parade, as well as the spectating switches & bystanding input jack.:D
  7. I like the knob parade too - and it's all very usefull stuff ;)

I could have done most of those switches into push/pull pots instead, but I've never been a big fan of push/pull pots. I'd much rather have an easy switch to flick, and I kind like how nice they look all lined up :smug:
  8. There are 7 knobs on the 7 string, but they're not as tidily arranged as I might have liked. Certainly not a parade. 6 knobs & 3 switches on the 6. Definitely a parade. 3 on the 4: a mere get-together. Perhaps only a chance encounter...

BTW, I see you like front-mounted output jacks. Do you, like me, sit on the floor & plunk the bass?:eyebrow: Man, that just didn't sound right...
  9. Ah hell yeah. The floor, a couch, a cushy beanbag. Whatever's comfortable :D

Those side mounted jacks are just asking for trouble anyways :p

Oh & BTW (for those of you keeping track): I think I've ditched the hollowbody idea for this bass. As nice as it looks, I'm going for a full-on solidbody tone. Maybe I'll get some cool fingerboard inlay instead...
  10. I prefer the double cut.
  11. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    SC all the way for me, sweet look!!
  12. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  13. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Double Cut......looks sharp!

Those single cut basses just never appealed to me. Also I would think the double cut would be a bit lighter, which would be a factor for me after playing a 16 ton Alembic for 15 years!
  14. KayCee

Oct 4, 2004
    Shawnee, KS
    Both designs are nice, but I prefer the SC.

BTW, why so many knobs? Is this a piezo bridge?

I would say that if you MUST have this many knobs, it would look nice if they were wood, either matching or complimenting the top.

Good luck!
  15. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA

16. Freddy

Feb 6, 2005
    The SC looks good...
  17. JHL

Apr 8, 2005
    London, England
    Singlecut FTW!
  18. Yep, piezo bridge. So piezo volume and piezo tone added to your usual 3 band pre controls. The knobs probably will be ebony :)
  19. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    i like the double,
    but so many knobs? wont you get confused!?!?:D