1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Slapping accident?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by cnicholas012, Jan 9, 2012.

1. cnicholas012

cnicholas012

Jan 9, 2012
    Is it possible to pop a vein in your thumb if you're not slapping properly?:eyebrow:
    I attempted to slap and received a sharp pain in my thumb as if i had stabbed it with a hypodermic needle. And now it looks as though there is a small bruise on it. should i be concerned?:ninja:

2. got skin caught between the thumb and pickup maybe? could be a lil blood blister. I dunno, either way>>>sissy

3. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    It sounds like you are hitting it a little too hard, hitting nerves and bruising the bone, try it lighter.

4. Raynier

Raynier

Jun 23, 2011
    Fort Smith AR
    If it looks like a little bruise it could be a blister that formed inside the skin and popped it's nothing to really worry about take it easy for a few days and buy some super glue

5. kreider204

kreider204

Nov 29, 2008
    Consult a physician.

6. funkybass4ever

funkybass4ever

Dec 12, 2007
    You shouldn't have to be hitting so hard- turn up the volume and work on placement of the thumb joint. You may be hitting your thumb in very different places each slap. Work on consistency. It will improve your sound and tone also. Hope this helps:bassist:

7. wrench45us

wrench45us

Aug 26, 2011
    a bruise has that familiar color because of blood under the skin. It's possible to get a bruise just about anywhere if there's enough force to pop a few blood vesels.