slowing down recordings

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by paniak17, Sep 27, 2004.

1. How do i slow down a recording after its completed on a standard casete tape, is it possible? im using a Tascam porta02 mkII. Thanks...Again.
  2. THis is an analog unit, right? It may have a pitch control on it, that could change the speed... but it will also transpose the pitch lower.
  3. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    If you can get the audio into the digital realm, you can slow it down without affecting the pitch, if you choose. There is a loss of sound quality as you slow it down to extremes, though.

Acid 4.0 can do this, among other software packages.
  4. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    No, it doesn't. Have a pitch control, that is.
  5. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Digitise it by recording from the Tascam onto the computer and then you can do what you want with it.

6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I think you are listening to the tape that you recorded tracks on. This is supposed to be at a faster speed for recording and you can't put it into a normal deck for listening. You need to mixdown those tracks to a separate tape in another deck like I instructed in your other post. THEN you can listen and everything will sound normal speed.