Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Small amp head cases

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KJung, Jul 29, 2005.

1. I ordered the 'light' roadcase for my recent 550 (it's pictured on the TF site). It's very cool... extremely lightweight but very strong and solid (although I would have designed it with more room for cables, etc.).

The company that makes them is called Cabbage Cases (www.cabbagecases.com). I had never heard of them before. They do custom work... these cases would be a wonderful 'in between' case for those of you with AI, iAmp, WW heads, etc. that get a little nervous just using a soft bag like the Mooradian, but don't want a full road case or rack... which kind of defeats the 'small light' advantages of those heads.

2. PS.... before someone beats me to it... yes, I am a small amp 'head case' :D

3. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    The Gator GRB3U is a soft bag with plywood inbetween the padding and bag. Space for the TFB420 and a rack mounted tuner, opens front and back. Just bought one, don't have it yet, but I think it will be a good compromise between hard case and soft bag...

4. Those are nice cases.... just too big for me... three rack spaces and probably 12" or 14" depth. I could fit an AG750 in there!!!! Actually, the SKB stuff is actually lighter and it seems to me actually a little more 'road' ready than the Gator rack bags... if you need the rack thing going.

K