1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Small amp performance

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jake VanDeYacht, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Jake VanDeYacht

Jake VanDeYacht

Oct 11, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I have a small Silvertone sb10 that I got for free so I use it for practicing and it doesn’t sound all to well. Is there anything I can do to modify it or eq settings I should change? I have it all to the 12 o clock position.

2. If this is the model with 10w rms and a 6 1/2 inch speaker, to improve it you should consider trading or selling it, and getting a recent model with at least a 10 inch driver. Alternatively, you could buy a bass driver, build a cab for it, and use it like an extension speaker (without using the internal/stock speaker.

Old Garage-Bander and S.F.Sorrow like this.
  3. Jake VanDeYacht

Jake VanDeYacht

Oct 11, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I have a peavey VYPYR vip 3 for anything else, I just like this small one because it doesn’t take up much room and is quiet

4. Based on a Google search, You have a practice amp that is often sold in a kit with the Silvertone bass.
    Not that there is anything wrong with it per se but it is what it is. Made for someone starting out and not wanting to spend much money.

I think that If you could somehow modify it to be more satisfactory than it is now, you’d spend more money and have lesser results than if you purchased something larger. Like a Rumble 25 for instance. Use it for what it is and save up for something better, would be my advice. And that mirrors what others, smarter them me, have already said.

Wisebass and AstroSonic like this.
  5. Jake VanDeYacht

Jake VanDeYacht

Oct 11, 2018
    Wisconsin
    Alright. I already have a bigger amp I use for louder and better sounds and this does the job. Thanks for the help

6. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Turn the bass tone control to 9 o'clock.

BadExample likes this.
  7. Jake VanDeYacht

Jake VanDeYacht

Oct 11, 2018
    Wisconsin
    AstroSonic likes this.
  8. Stumbo

Feb 11, 2008
    Or pickup an adjustable HPF. Use with all your rigs.

It works wonders on my 15w 1x15 guitar amp.

9. Jake VanDeYacht

Jake VanDeYacht

Oct 11, 2018
    Wisconsin
    I’m more on a budget so how much do these things cost?

10. Stumbo

Feb 11, 2008