1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Small problem with my Ampeg V4BH, help needed.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TSanders, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Im currently sick with the flu, and dont have my amp at home. Its at the rehearsal space, so I cant open it up right now. I figured since itll be a day or two before I can get to it, Id seek some input.

Heres my situation-

amp: Ampeg V4BH

problem: I let my amp warm up before my gigs this weekend. When I go up plug in and take the amp off standby, there was a slight crackling sound that came through my cab for a couple seconds. It ONLY occurs when I take the amp off standby. It also only lasts a couple seconds or so. It is still an annoyance.

Any ideas what could be the culprit? Loose/broken/cold solder behind the standby?

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. FWIW, the crackling is the same volume no matter where I have the master and/or gain set.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    bump, I have this head and am curious too.

4. bassman blue

bassman blue

Aug 22, 2002
    Bellingham
    i had a similar problem with mine. cold solder issue, is what the repairperson told me. it happened twice. the head is now a distant memory....

5. Anyone else?

6. bassvi

bassvi

Jul 12, 2005
    Iowa
    Mine doesn't do it, she's quiet as a mouse-