1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Smallsound Bigsound Mini as a Boost w/ Sag

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by taylor16, Feb 26, 2017.

1. taylor16

taylor16

Dec 25, 2012
    USA
    This is just plain nasty. There isn't a ton of volume on tap but fed into my recently acquired Blower Box, setting the Mini with low gain/max vol/aggressive sag to feed the Blower Box is nasty. Plus the two can complement each other. Think I found my new mini pedal board o' doom.

Edit- Sorry for the iPhone quality recording. I recorded it into my looper > iPhone. Too lazy to pull out my Scarlett > Mac.

Attached Files:

blindrabbit and freedomryder like this.
  2. The bias knob is SO powerful and integral to the Mini. It has a wide range of tones even without using the bias, but IMO/IME that control totally makes the pedal. Can't say I've ever tried it at such low gain like that, but now I'll have to. :)

Driven Crane likes this.
  3. taylor16

taylor16

Dec 25, 2012
    USA
    Yup. Played this set-up in practice and it just killed. I should have left the last note hanging on the audio sample because the decay is just amazing. Such dirty grimey tube-like tone.

The thing with the Mini was to max out the volume and adjust the gain for functional volume with the primary intention to have the sag/voltage bias as the main factor effecting the color of the Blower Box.

blindrabbit and emjazz like this.