1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

so Eden no longer makes Eden speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassfool24421, Apr 12, 2010.

1. bassfool24421

bassfool24421

Aug 25, 2009
    staunton
    I heard that eminence makes them for them and slaps on the label....not a problem but the Eden website should say it, no?

or is just an unfounded rumor i heard from my local auth service center?

2. bassfool24421

bassfool24421

Aug 25, 2009
    staunton
    darn wrong forum..sorry mods!!

3. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    I could be wrong, but I really doubt Eden ever manufactured speakers. Most companies have speakers manufactured for them, sometimes to their specifications, sometimes they use general purpose speakers.

As I said, I certainly could be wrong !

4. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    In the old days (Montrose, MN) Eden made their own speakers. My cousin used to glue in the voice coils.

KO

5. duderasta

duderasta

Feb 25, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    There is a lengthy thread on the eden forums on this subject....
    I would really suggest looking there.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    yep, eden did make their own at one time. there is an ampeg 810 that had ridiculous high power in the 90's that eden used to make the speakers for. i've heard that billy sheehan still uses them, too.

7. A guitar player I once worked with compared my playing skills with Billy's. I know the compliment came from a gui**** but I had him committed anyway! ;)

Paul

8. relayer66

relayer66

Oct 10, 2002
    Zushi, Japan
    Eden used to make speakers for SWR in the early days. I had the original SWR Goliath and it said "Made by Eden" on the back.