1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So, I lit my iPod Touch on fire...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Disraeli Gears, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    Just thought I'd share.

[​IMG]

2. It deserved it.

3. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    Axe? I've head of people spraying their hands in it, lighting it, and being unscathed. No idea if it's true.

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It's fun to burn some stuff.

5. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    Similar concept, actually. I took a hollow cylindrical object (in this case a skateboard wheel) and set it on top of the ipod, pressed the gas release button on a lighter to fill the wheel up with gas, then lit the top. It burns slowly, but if you lift the wheel up (uncovering the opening on the bottom) suddenly more gas can come in contact with flame, so it creates a large, quick flame.

Haven't tried it with axe, but I did try this same thing on my hand (as well as a copy of fight club for the ironic picture) and neither were burned, so I'm assuming unless you did it on your hair or something, it's not going to do any real damage. Kinda cool, really--definitely amusing :).

6. ive done it with axe. used to transfer fire to another person via high 5. or spray someone then light their shirt.

but.. i was 15 years old.

7. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    2 yrs ago?

8. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    You inspired me to play with my zippo and some naptha fuel, much fun but burning skin smells horrible.

9. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    You're one to talk.

10. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    What is the orange and purple object on the desk? Maybe I'm a damn hippie, but it looks like a pipe.

11. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Looks like pens

12. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Well... haha I don't deny I still do crazy **** like that lol

13. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    Heh, that's actually a pez dispenser that I found while digging through trinkets from years ago.. I keep my pipes much more well hidden than that :ninja:.

14. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Well, I'm blind. I'll blame it on you kids and your blurry photos though.

15. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    S'pose you could blame that on the phone camera, or, more likely, on the fact that there was a window of less than a second to snap the picture.

16. I love to do that kind of stuff...

This is also why I am not allowed to have lighters...

17. Ziltoid

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    0414102212-00.

Just a cd but was fun.

18. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    So you didnt do it because you hated it, you did it for the sake of science (and afternoon amusement)?

19. Ziltoid

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    sake of science! (it was a burned cd, no value I destroyed a child of piracy! :ninja: )

20. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Back in high school days I actually did time in juvie for one of these burning-fumes experiments that ended up setting my whole classroom on fire. While class was in session.

There were two teachers present. One had been in 'Nam, and had seen people napalmed. The other had just lost his apartment (and cats) to a fire just a couple of weeks before. How was I to know?