1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

so last night...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Icey101, Jan 26, 2012.

1. i heard a disturbance out the front of the neighbours house...it was the mother and her son arguing....couldnt quite hear what it was about but when i went out in the morning....i noticed both my bins were turned up...and garbage was out in the side walk, i took a pic with my iphone and am deciding wether to call the cops....you will get what i mean if you have been following my threads...

2. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Odd that they knocked over your garbage cans...
    I dont know if its call the cops worthy, but from your other threads, it might be.

3. everyone said...note and report everything

4. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Yeah, and thats probably wise to do.
    Im kind of curious as to why they knocked over your trash cans, though, as a result of their argument. Unless they were arguing about you...

5. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    You sure it was them?

6. probably was....there was words like...its not his faults etc....i couldnt make it out, i had my zoom running at the window from mid night on, i might check the file,

the issue is if i dont report it, it will show a sign that they can get away with harasment, at least i can start building up a case

7. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Yeah, Id check the recording to see what was said.
    While it would probably qualify as harassment, its kind of a small deal. I dont think it would show as a sign of you letting them get away with it. Im curious as to what would cause them to do this to you now as opposed to say a few weeks ago when the previous event occured.

8. nothing has been said since the son came to my door....they are also drinkers i am guessing after a day off (Australia day) the son wanted to vent...

9. its all small end stuff i know....but potentialy it could escalate, so i am going to report it just as a record anyway

10. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Probably a smart move, just in case anything else happens.

11. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    You haven't gotten security cameras yet?

12. Don't know what your situation is here, but we've been given the advice around our small town, with a woefull police presence at the moment to call the cops. All the time.
    People arguing on th street - call the cops
    Loud Music at night - call the cops
    Bins tipped over - call the cops.

The thing with police stats (in NSW anyway) is that they a based on call-ins. Not on the number of incidences. So if every one in your street calls up and says "Someone knocked over Icey's bin", all of a sudden you have a crime wave and the cops are forced to act.

If this guy has been harrassing you previously, I'd say the argument was becasue his mother was talking him out of attacking you. We all know what Oz Day, the apparently mandatory heavy drinking and a bogan can combine to create. I would've called the cops as soon as the arguing started.

13. ok so i called the police line up and talked about the incident, they said if they were going to log it then they have to send a cop are around, they suggested that i head down to the local station and get advice....so yeh i did, at the counter, explained the situation, the officer didnt want to log it so i insisted i am trying to do the right thing, he said i should be going to mediation....i said these people are long past that but i will keep it in mind, so yeh he put it in his field book, what that means i think is its recorded and kept but not in the database, no action needed. He also asked if i was in the force....as i seem to know the process, i said no but i understand how it work....

at least it is down, he also said i have to witness everything...not just hear people talk, i said are you going to take notice when i am in hospital?

oh btw i might have had my zoom running at the time too...lol