1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Solo opinions.

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Dauby90, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Dauby90

Dauby90

Aug 5, 2009
    Alright, my band has a tune in which i get to do the solo, the thing is even though weve played this tune for quite a while now ive never really been confident in my 'soloing' abilities.

If you guys wouldnt mind take some time to review the song "ocean Floor" on my bands FB page here, http://www.facebook.com/Damaged.Wings12

I base it on octives and fifths mainly im looking for constructive criticism thanks

2. Rather early Iron Maiden-esque fused with a bit of American blues. Bass playing reminds me of Jack Bruce if it means much to you. Rather simple. But not overbearing.

3. Dauby90

Dauby90

Aug 5, 2009
    Thats kinda our feel, were pulling most of our material from rock roots hanging around the 60s-70s.

4. bassobrutto

bassobrutto Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    I think you support your band's music very nicely. You have a good feel for that late 60s/early 70s rock groove, and perhaps as you grow in confidence can get just a little more ambitious adding to the musical interest of the songs. Since it looks like you are a 3-piece, there is plenty of room in the music there for you to work with. And get some ideas from the masters. If you haven't listened to him a lot already, Jack Bruce is as good a model as any, especially on the early solo albums--he is a rather more creative musician than the previous poster seems to give him credit for being. Andy Fraser of Free would be another great guy for you to listen to, and of course Berry Oakley.