1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

solo placement

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by ken66, Jun 26, 2012.

1. ken66

ken66

May 10, 2012
    Can someone give me tips or ideas on where solos are played I'm into fusion and working on writing in that style I don't have formal training in composing or arranging.

2. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    Kind of all over the place ... I hope you have some theory under your belt, it will help understanding what is going on.

3. Country - the first lead break normally comes after the first chorus. The chorus comes after the second verse.

But, like already said it can come whenever. Or not at all. About 3/4 of our songs have a solo break, which means about a quarter of our songs do not have a break. Why? The story line just does not leave room for a lead break.

Should mention, we have big gigs and small gigs, i.e. sometime the lead electric and or pedal steel are with us, and if so they take care of the lead breaks. If they are not with us, on the small gigs, we do not have lead breaks the vocalist takes care of the melody. My point; a lead break is not mandatory.